About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

8 April 2015

Inspired by the Willow

In Ukraine, we celebrate religious holidays by Julian calendar so this week is the last before Easter. Traditionally there are a lot of things to do before the holiday and it seems every day of this week has its own meaning and traditions. Some of them are followed widely but some are just mentioned. This week is called Willow week. It is believed a willow, if to touch someone with its branch, wakes up the person's creative energy. So I guess it is good to make and wear the necklace symbolizing this nice and useful plant.

Навіяно Вербою

Якщо доторкнутися до нас з вами гілочкою верби, то вона, як відомо, пробуджує нашу творчу енергію. А енергія, будь-яка, а особливо - творча, нам не завадить, бо за декілька днів Великдень і справ маємо зробити багато. Може моє намисто і зіграє роль акумулятора такої енергії..., принаймні гарного настрою мені вже додало, тож раджу всім пані та панянкам завести нове намисто для магічного подвоєння сил цього тижня:-))




Spiral Rope (My Spiral #1)

So these days I acquired my first spiral technique. It is very simple and I like the effect very much. I won't tell much about my work on it because I just watched this tutorial by +Jill Wiseman and followed her instruction. But, of course, I modified the sample to make my own thing :-)
For my spiral rope, I used crystals, 8.0 and 10.0 seed beads. The proportion and the order of the components are well-seen in the pictures. I beaded about 35 cm of the rope with crystals and then about 34  cm without them. And used the clasp just as a decorative detail because the spiral rope is pretty long to wear without it.


 "Канатний" джгут (мій джгут №1)

Отже, днями я опанувала першу техніку нанизування джгутів. В перекладній літературі цей зразок, здається, називають американським джгутом, але ті назви, то, так би мовити, тема для окремої розмови, яка мене не дуже і хвилює:-) Я дивилась цей майстер клас (він англійською, але я спробувала дивитись без звуку - все зрозуміло) і просто повторювала все за +Jill Wiseman. Звісно, зразок був модифікований відповідно до моїх бажань.
Для мого джгута я використала кристали та бісер №8 і №10. Послідовність і порядок нанизування добре видно на фото. 35 см намиста було зроблено з  кристалами і десь 34 см - без них. Оскільки джгут досить довгий, то застібка виконує просто декоративну роль.




From the materials left from the spiral I invented the earrings (just can't live without them:-)). I beaded about 11 - 12 cm of the rope: the first three and the last three repeats of the pattern are without crystals to save them. Then folded it, tied up the ends of the thread, and finished exactly like the necklace with cones. Then added the earring hooks.

З матеріалів, що залишились, вигадала сережки ( без них ніяк :-)). Просто нанизала такими самими спіральками десь 11-12 см. Щоб зекономити кристали, зробила перші і останні три рапорти джгута без них. Потім просто склала навпіл, зв'язала кінці нитки, закінчила роботу конусами (все як в намисті) та застібкою для сережки. 







And here they are: ready to energize anyone with creativity:-) Happy wearing!









Ось і все: можна заряжатись творчою енергією:-) Вдалої всім нам підготовки до свята!

4 comments:

  1. З Зеленими святами Вас, смарагдова панянка! Таке чудове намисто слід носити постійно... і будеш - Energizer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)) Щоб почуватися Energizer-oм, то мабуть ще два намиста як мінімум знадобиться! Дякую за такі гарні коментарі:-)) Уже починаю думати, що і справді, щось варте роблю :-)

      Delete
    2. ... і що тут думати..: що є, то й є...

      Delete