About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

29 August 2015

Butterflies' Tamer:-)


Butterflies, being tender fragile ephemeral and careless creatures, are undoubtedly perfect symbols of fleeting life... But while watching at them I can't help thinking that some day they become caterpillars and gobble whatever they see (I once said that so it is just my own quote... I still think so:-)) On the other hand, their beauty and delicateness make them a good theme for making some piece of art or craft. That's why to improve their reputation I decided to bead a couple of them:-)


Приборкувачка метеликів:-)


Метелики,  як ніжні легкі недовговічні і безтурботні істоти, безсумнівно є досконалими символами швидкоплинності життя. Але, спостерігаючи за ними, я не можу не думати, що одного дня вони перетворяться на гусениць і пожиратимуть все, що бачитимуть (я вже якось так висловлювалась, тому просто цитую тут сама себе:-)) З іншого боку, тендітність та краса метеликів є гарною темою для витворів мистецтва або рукотворів. Тому, щоб покращити їм репутацію, я  просто вирішила сплести двійко з них з бісеру:-)

To make this popular element which can be used later as a piece of jewelry you can find the scheme among the dozens ones in the Internet. I chose this butterfly . But  instead of the supposed Peyote stitch, I made it with Brick Stitch (tutorial) starting from the inside edge of the wing. It turned out to be easier for me and at the same time I learnt new technique (I still have a lot to learn!). 

Щоб зробити такий елемент, який пізніше можна використати для виготовлення біжутерії, в Інтернеті можна знайти десятки схем. Я обрала ось такого метелика . Але замість техніки пейот (мозаїка) зробила виріб цегляним стібком (MK) розпочавши роботу від внутрішнього краю крила. Для мене це виявилося набагато легше, до того ж я опанувала нову техніку (а мені ж ще вчитись і вчитись!).

To make the bodice of the butterfly I learnt one more technique - Tubular Even-Count Peyote (tutorial). It was pretty easy and quick. And І like the technique and such kind of the rope very much. However, the ready bodice looks better in the purple variant because of the seed beads' type - they are the same outside and inside ( the dark blue has silver inner side).

Щоб зробити тільце метелика, опанувала ще одну техніку - трубчасту парну мозаїку (МК). Як не дивно, але плелося досить просто і швидко. І мені сподобався такий вид шнура. Втім, краще виглядає варіант в бузковому кольорі через тип бісеру - він однаковий і зовні і всередині, а темно-синій має срібну середину.

And here they are: I guess they are quite beautiful... besides, I can be sure these two will never become caterpillars and make any harm to any garden:-)

Ось таки вони вийшли: здається, дуже гарні. До того ж можна бути впевненим, що ці двоє ніколи не перетворяться на якусь там гусінь та зашкодять садочку або городу:-)

2 comments:

  1. Не только не превратятся в гусениц, но и не улетят...Осталось создать шедевр, на котором они будут шикарно смотреться ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Красно дякую:-) Так, сподіваюсь, вийде щось гарне.

      Delete