About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

27 May 2016

Serenity, or I Wish I Could Fly




The other days I was listening to the conversation between two girls discussing colour trends and heard the word serenity. I didn't know what colour it was until saw that video. I mean I didn't know that word is a colour at all :-) Then I read its definition - "tranquil blue" for the colour and  "free of disturbance" for the state of mind, I guess. And I liked the both. And what is more desirable when the holidays approach than freedom and calmness? And what makes us feel more peaceful and careless than while observing the sea and sky and following the moving clouds with our  thoughts?... Maybe the idea of  being able to fly...?



Безтурботність і спокій, або Хотіла б я вміти літати


Днями слухала розмову двох дівчат, які обговорювали модні кольори і дізналася, що є в англійській мові слово, щоб описати світлий блакитний відтінок. Слово це - "serenity". Я і не знала, що це слово означає якийсь колір, поки не подивилася те відео:-) Потім, як годиться, прочитала визначення - "спокійний блакитний" для кольору і "вільний від турбот" - для опису стану душі,... я так думаю. І мені сподобалися обидва. Що ж більш бажаніше ніж спокій і безтурботність, коли наближається час відпустки? А коли ми почуваємося більш вільними і врівноваженими, ніж коли споглядаємо безкрай моря та неба і стежимо і поглядом і думками  за рухом хмаринок? ... Можливо коли мріємо про вміння літати?...


And such thoughts brought me to  the colour style for  my new earrings. I can't but admit that right matching, alternating, mixing and combination the hues of blue caused five or six re-making of the earrings. The final choice of the seed beads that I liked at last: TOHO 33 both 11/0 and 15/0, Preciosa 10/0: 38210 and 38838.

І такі думки привели мене до кольорової гами моїх нових сережок. Не можу не зізнатись, що підбор блакитних відтінків, їх сполучення, комбінування та чергування спричинили п'ять чи шість переробок сережок. Остаточний варіант, який мені нарешті сподобався: бісер TOHO 33 і 11/0 і 15/0, Preciosa 10/0: 38210 і 38838.


As for the pattern I liked it from the first sight and its design belongs to +Nunzia Scalpore. I also want to thank my G+ friend +Lino M, who helped me with some translation as the tutorial is Italian and there was some trouble moment in it for me. 
But I did some changes. On the first picture you see the third variant of almost ready earring  made almost exactly by the tutorial. On the whole I liked it but the bigger motif is too large for such a rivoli, that seemed to me  being lost among intricate beading. So in the final variant I omitted last rows and instead of the 5 seed beads picos made it for 3 seed beads. I also changes the number of the seed beads in the first row of the smaller motif.



Щодо моделі, вона мені одразу сподобалась, її дизайн належить +Nunzia Scalpore. Хочу також подякувати моєму G+ другові   +Lino M , який мені трохи допоміг з перекладом, бо майстер клас італійською і там був для мене незрозумілий момент.
Але я зробила деякі зміни. На першому фото - десь третій варіант майже готової сережки, зробленої майже точно за МК. В цілому він мені сподобався, але більший мотив виглядав надто великим для такого ріволі. Мені здалося, що страз загубився серед хитромудрого плетіння. Тому в остаточному варіанті я відмовилася від останніх рядків і замість піко на 5 бісерин, зробила піко на 3 бісерини.  В першому ряду меншого мотиву також змінила кількість бісерин.


That's all just for awhile.. I guess I have to think about Serenity dress the nearest time:-)


Ось і все поки що... Думаю, маю подумати про спокійну і безтурботну сукню найближчим часом:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment