About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

12 May 2016

Spikes & Co Earrings (eternal updating:-))

After finishing this project it occurred to me that maybe our works are not only the expression of our creative nature but as well the embodiment of our unconscious thoughts... I mean when starting beading (or re-beading) these pair of earrings I just wanted to have some wearable spiky pieces and now I see that I've got two stylised sea stars, haven't I? :-)
 And probably they tell about the wish to hear the noise of the sea and to plunge in its warm (or maybe chilly:-)) waves much more than occasional thoughts about the coming summer...



Сережки "Шипи & компанія" (нескінченне оновлення:-))


По закінченні цього проекту мені спало на думку, що можливо наші вироби не лише виражають нашу творчу природу, але також є втіленням наших несвідомих думок... Маю на увазі, що на початку роботи, я просто хотіла отримати пару якихось  шипованих сережок, придатних для щоденного носіння, а по закінченні отримала дві стилізованих морських зірки, чи не так? :-)
І можливо вони говорять про бажання послухати гомін моря і зануритися в його теплі (а може і прохолодні:-)) хвилі набагато більше ніж мимовільні думки про літо, що наближається...




I liked the spiky earrings I made few month ago. It was a useful experience to give a  try to soutage work but it was obvious I am out of age to wear them in that size. So I had either to make them less or change the design. I chose the latter, of course. So I unpicked the items and started surfing for some pattern. The idea from this video seemed to be suitable but as it often happens except the spikes I had no other needed beads to make the earrings. 


Мені подобалися шиповані сережки, які я зробила декілька місяців тому. Це була корисна спроба роботи із сутажем, але було очевидно, що сережки для мого віку завеликі. Отже потрібно було або зменшити їхній розмір, або змінити дизайн. Я, звісно, обрала останнє. Тому я їх розібрала і почала шукати якусь нову модель. Ідея з цього відео здалася те, що треба, але, як це часто буває, крім шипів жодного з необхідних матеріалів у мене не знайшлося.



But we never give up, don't we? I made the earrings from the materials I had and when all the beads fitted each other it became a new design:-)
I started with twins, then added big farfalles, then 4mm pearls, then I got into the process so deep that forgot to make  pictures. But I added spikes, and then between the spikes - one 10/0 seed bead, one 4 mm bicone, one 10/0 seed bead. Then around one of the bicones I beaded seven seed beads to make a loop for the hook. The hooks are the same from the unpicked earrings.




Але ж ми не шукаємо легких шляхів, чи не так?  Я зробила сережки з тих матеріалів, що у мене були, а коли всі намистини підійшли одна під одну, то у мене вийшов новий дизайн :-)
Почала з кільця твінів, потім додала великі фарфалле, потім 4 мм перлини, а потім так захопилася процесом, що забула зробити фото. Але я додала шипи і останній ряд - одна бісерина 10/0, один 4 мм біконус, одна бісерина 10/0. Навколо одного з біконусів нанизала сім бісерин для петлі. Гачки використала ті самі, навіть із кристалом.





And here they are. They had to remind the sun but remind the sea:-) I guess they suit the pendant and the bracelet much better. Besides, now I have some more spikes left so the updating will continue:-)





Ось такі зірочки вийшли... мали нагадувати сонце, а нагадують море:-) Думаю, вони краще підійдуть до кулону та браслета. До того ж в мене тепер залишилося ще декілька шипів, тому оновлення триватиме:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment