About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

15 July 2018

CRAW Sticks Bracelet, or Eat Them and Die :-)

In our language reality there is poem for adults, who like to feel sorry for themselves on any reason but especially on their loneliness. The poem is not a masterpiece at all but is quite sarcastic and, in fact, is a kind of mockery to tease the complainer. It also can be performed as a song, too. Without saving its poetic form it sounds in about the following way: 

Nobody loves me,
Nobody cuddles me,
I'll go to the garden
And eat some worms.
They are so nice and colourful,
I'll eat them and die.

Why I remember it? Because when I made many colourful sticks, they reminded me many worms (the photo is below) which can be colourful only in that poem :-)
The pattern of the bracelet is by Jill Wiseman from Beadwork magazine June/July 2013. I also think it is a good stash booster, at least for me, because I used the remnants of 8/0 and 3x cut beads instead of Jill's bicones and pearls. The bracelet won my adherence because of the effect achieved with simple materials and technique.




Браслет "Кольорові черв'ячки"



"Піду собі в садочок, наїмся черв'ячків" - було перше, що мені спало на думку, коли я наплела цілу тарілку паличок в техніці  CRAW. Щоб не думати, що я трохи сказилася, я запитала у мами, що їй нагадують ці елементи. Вона сказала, що те саме... тільки не віршик, а самих черв'ячків :-)
Модель браслету від  Jill Wiseman з журналу Beadwork  June/July 2013. Він отримав мою прихильність завдяки тому, що ефект досягається тут простими матеріалами і технікою. Оскільки замість біконусів і перлин, я використала 8/0 бісер і 3х рубку, то це добре підчистило залишки такого бісеру. 






I also think the braclet can be beaded just by the photo of the ready item if one has enough skills in the CRAW technique. 



Як на мене, щоб сплести такий браслет, достатньо навичок плетіння  CRAW і фото готового виробу.

2 comments: