About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

19 July 2018

Crocuses' Time Earrings

When it goes about remaking new clothes from old ones, I am the person who hates that. I only can do it on some very essential reason: for example, if I need a piece of fabric for trimming or if my relatives ask me for some remnants to sew something for their children and so on... But to remake some item of clothes because it became small to wear is not my cup of tea absolutely. When it goes about beading, the situation is opposite. Using the beads from my first projects, because they are not in use or because my skills developed and I have new ideas but don't want to buy any new materials, is a very good deal :-)


Сережки "Час крокусів"

Коли йдеться про пошиття нового одягу зі старого, я людина, яка це, лагідно кажучи, не любить. Я можу цим займатися лише з якоїсь нагальної потреби: наприклад, якщо мені потрібен шматок тканини для оздоблення, або хтось з родичів питається про якісь залишки, щоб пошити щось дітям і таке інше... Але перешивати вбрання через те, що воно на мене стало малим - це точно не моє. Коли йдеться про виготовлення прикрас, все навпаки. Використання намистин зі старих виробів, які ніхто не носить або я їх переросла у сенсі своїх навичок і у мене для них є нові ідеї, а купувати нові матеріали я не хочу - це те, що треба :-)


Today's earrings is such a project. I used to bead a set, Crocuses Time, made up with earrings and a necklace. For that moment it was not bad but the other days I thought I needed something new in that colour style. So the set was doomed to be reused. At first I made new earrings. I named them in the same way not to forget about my old experience.


Сьогоднішні сережки - це якраз такий проект. Колись я сплела набір, "Час крокусів", з намиста і сережок. Для того часу він був непоганий, але днями я подумала, що мені потрібно щось новеньке в тій самій кольоровій гамі. Тож набір був приречений до переробки. Спочатку я зробила сережки. Назву залишила, щоб не забувати про старий досвід.


The beading is quite quick. The seed beads were replaced as those old ones changed their colour during these years. The technique is simple but the number of the seed beads and proportions are individual and depend on the size of the central bead.



Нанизування доволі швидке. Бісер було замінено на новий, тому що попередній за ці роки змінив свій колір. Принцип виготовлення простий, але кількість бісерин і пропорції - індивідуальні і залежать від розміру центральної намистини.




I tried to make detailed photos. The rondeles are 3x4 mm.




Фото намагалася зробити докладні. Ронделі 3х4 мм.



As the result I've got an oval element.  One or two of them can be used for earrings, few of them can be connected into the necklace.




В результаті у мене вийшов овальний елемент. Один або два таких елементів можна використати для сережок, декілька - з'єднати у намисто.

No comments:

Post a Comment