About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

23 July 2018

Crocheted Hat... Mad Hatter Style :-)



After giving the name to my new hat I actually have not much to add :-)
Time after time I experiment with crochet hats especially with summer ones. You can see my previous projects and links to the patterns in this post. The last hat was so good that I couldn't think any other pattern would be as successful. But time passed... as my sister-in-law says, even if you like things they just become old and you just want new. It is the case I guess. Besides, any crochet hat, from my experience, looses its initial glamour in a year or two because of much wearing and washing. Besides, there are so many patterns to try and the crocheting takes so little time that it would be pretty silly to refuse from making a new hat ... but only if you are sure it suits you, of course :-) And, maybe the most important, nothing is eternal... and when it goes about summer crochet hat it is twice true :-)



Капелюх гачком... Стиль Божевільного Капелюшника :-)


Вигадавши назву для мого нового капелюха, мені вже особливо немає чого і додати :-)
Часом я експериментую з плетеними гачком літніми капелюхами. Мої попередні проекти і посилання на моделі можна побачити в цьому дописі. Останній капелюх був таким гарним, що мені і на думку не спадало, що якась інша модель може бути такою  ж вдалою. Але час спливає... як каже моя братова, навіть якщо тобі речі і подобаються, вони все одно старішають і ти просто хочеш нові. Це якраз такий випадок. Крім того, будь який плетений капелюх, з мого досвіду, втрачає свій товарний вид за рік чи два через інтенсивне носіння та прання. Крім того, існує стільки моделей на пробу, а плетіння займає так мало часу, що було б по-дурному відмовляти собі у створенні нового капелюху... але, звісно, якщо впевнена що він тобі пасуватиме :-) І, можливо, найголовніше, нічого вічного немає... а коли йдеться про плетений гачком капелюх - це двічі правда :-)



This time I chose this pattern from Pierrot   I found on the Ravelry. 
I had different yarn. The yarn put me into doubts because it is 100% polypropylene so after crocheting half of the hat I thought to wear it could be the same as to wear a plastic bag on the head. Then I spent some time in the Internet trying to find out if anybody but me had ever crocheted hats of this yarn. There were only bags and rugs and none of the hat but in one post I saw the word mentioned so took the situation under the control and went on my work:-) 
My gauge is also different so I just crocheted by the charts and drawings. To make the hat keep the shape while crocheting the last row of the brim I added narrow regiline.




Цього разу я обрала цю модель від Pierrot, яку знайшла на Ravelry.
Пряжа у мене була інша. І вона посіяла у мене сумніви, тому що це 100 % поліпропілен, отже зав'язавши  половину капелюху, я подумала, що носити його буде те саме, що вдягати на голову пластиковий пакет. Потім провела трохи часу в Інтернеті, щоб з'ясувати чи хтось у світі крім мене плете капелюхи з такої пряжі. Там були лише килимки та сумки і жодного капелюху, але в одному з дописів згадувалося саме слово  тож я взяла ситуацію під контроль і продовжила роботу :-)
Щільність плетіння у мене теж була інша, тому я просто плела за схемами. Щоб капелюх тримав форму, під час плетіння останнього ряду крисів додала тонкий регілін.

6 comments:

  1. It's really cute, looks shop-bought :)
    And by the way, I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award given you're one of those bloggers I follow constantly :) http://mhayek.blogspot.com/2018/07/mystery-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so flattering! I am so proud to be nominated by my wonderful sewing friends. I still think how to go on that action but I am happy!

      Delete
  2. Very stylish!
    Happy Day...
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I love your hat! It looks fantastic on you! ;)

    ReplyDelete