About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

18 July 2018

V-neck Dress, or Walk in the Shadow

So the vacation is going on and after its first phase the second one gains momentum :-)
The first phase is the first few weeks that mostly remind a long weekend, I look for silence, calmness and rest. The second phase is a very dangerous stage. It looks like a state of a fever. I feel as if infected by the feeling of quickly shortening time of the vacation. It means that instead of enjoying leisure time I'm mostly focusing on the thought about me being too lazy and not productive enough, that I waste my time not doing all what I must for... for... what for? I am on holidays, I have no duties but home routine... that's all! It is the right time to stop reproducing worries, inventing botheration, counting days and planned projects. This phase shouldn't be let continue long not to poison the vacation. When I realise this situation, the best way to get rid of this mood is to spend a day outside. It doesn't the matter in what way... just to wander about the city, to chat with a friend, to hang around stores without any purchasing or to drink some wine and eat a piece of a cake in a nice cafe in the shadow of the trees... In the end of such a day there is a chance to have clear mind... at least for awhile :-)

How could I not to go walking after getting such a nice outcome ? :-)



All about bracelet is here, about the Hearts set is here.


Сукня з вирізом мисом, або Прогулянка у затінку


Отже, відпустка триває і після її першої фази, набирає обороти друга.
Перша фаза - перші декілька тижнів - більше нагадує довгі вихідні, я шукаю тиші, спокою і відпочинку. Друга фаза - небезпечний період. Схоже на стан лихоманки. Почуваюся наче інфікована вірусом швидкого скорочення відпустки. Це означає, що замість насолоджуватися вільним часом, я переважно концентруюся на думках про те, що занадто лінива і марную свій час не виконуючи того що маю робити для того щоб... щоб... для чого? Я у відпустці і єдині обов'язки які у мене є - це щоденні хатні справи! І саме час  припинити вигадувати собі все нові і нові причини для хвилювання, рахувати дні і планувати проекти. Цій фазі не можна дозволяти довго тривати, щоб не отруїла відпустки.  Коли я усвідомлюю все це, найкращий спосіб позбутися такого настрою - провести день подалі від хати. Не має значення як... просто поблукати містом, побазікати з подругою, полиндати по крамницях, нічого не купуючи, або випити трохи вина та посмакувати тістечком в затишному кафе в тіні дерев... Є шанс, що наприкінці такого дня в голові проясниться... хоч ненадовго :-)

Як же я могла не піти на прогулянку, отримавши такий гарний результат ? :-)

                                                          Все про браслет тут, про  "сердечка" тут.




For the walk I, of course, made a dress:-) Or, to be exact, after making the dress I had to get some walk :-)
I chose pattern #107 from Burda 12/2017. I liked the model from the first sight and was sure I would make it.  Mostly at once I decided to make it as summer apparel.
My item is sewed of very thin and light batiste.
I must confess I wasn't ready for the sewing. I mean I didn't think over the process beforehand and all the modifications were invented during the sewing so I changed the horses on the way and it led to often unpicking and remaking. And after finishing the work I also thought I had to do some details in different way. But as I like what I got very much, of course, I will change nothing anyway.




Для прогулянки я, звісно, пошила сукню :-) або, якщо бути точною, після пошиття сукні я мала прогулятися :-)
Обрала модель 107 з Burda 12/2017. Мені модель одразу сподобалася і була певна, що шитиму її і так само майже одразу вирішила, що це буде літнє вбрання.
Сукню пошито з дуже тонкого і легкого батисту.
Маю зізнатися, що не підготувалася до пошиття. Маю на увазі, що не продумала процес заздалегідь і всі зміни вигадала під час пошиття, тобто, коней міняла вже по дорозі, і це привело до того, що пороти і перешивати довелося немало. По закінченню роботи я знову подумала, що деякі деталі варто було зробити в інший спосіб, але оскільки мені дуже подобається те, що у мене вийшло, перероблятися вже нічого не буде.








I omitted the bow. The skirt was cut as 4-gored. In this way it is flared evenly. As the fabric is pretty dark and motley, I added some bright accent along the neck hole and the sleeves' hem.



Від банта я відмовилася. Спідницю покроєно як чотириклиневу. У такий спосіб фалди по низу розташовуються рівномірно. Оскільки тканина доволі темна і строката, додала яскравий акцент вздовж вирізу горловину та по низу рукавів.





At first the parts of the skirt were sewed to the parts of the bodice, then I sewed the neck hole plackets.





Спочатку частини спідниці були пришиті до частин верху, потім я пришила планки горловини.



After  that the front centre seam was stitched. At first the skirt and the low placket on by the wrong side and then from the corner the upper placket.


Після цього передній середній шов було прострочено. спочатку спідниця і нижня планка з виворітної сторони, потім, від кута, верхня планка.




After that the bias tape was bend with the desirable width for trimming over the edge of the upper placket  and stitched to the bodice.


Після цього косу стрічку було перегнуто на виворітну сторону залишаючи бажану ширину для оздоблення та настрочено на сукню.




The sleeves were shortened to the 40 cm. To processed the hems I used  details #6 but they had to be lengthened.



Рукава я вкоротила до 40 см. Щоб обробити низ рукавів, використала деталі №6, але подовжила їх.






Then the sleeves' hem are finished with the bias tape in the same way as the neck hole.


Потім низ рукавів обробляється косою стрічкою так само, як і виріз горловини.

No comments:

Post a Comment