About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

5 August 2023

Ruffle Short Sleeve Blouse, or Cherkashchyna Sketches I




I was very lucky to have an amazing and highly relaxing weekend in the Cherkasy region last days off, in fact, the first of the kind since the big war started. Not less lucky we were with the weather which was moderately hot for this time of summer so quite comfortable for travelling from the south to the centre of Ukraine. Of course, traditionally I couldn't help sewing a few garments to enjoy the trip even more what caused taking a lot of pictures with me that is not very typical. I made this belted blouse, a jacket and a dress, also my this year favourite yellow trousers, and wide viscose ones were packed into the bag, the hat on the head, and the earrings in ears :-) The choice of the blouse was successful indeed, it's made of very thin light popeline, almost doesn't wrinkle, and the ruffles keep the shape. The outfit was perfect to visit the centre of Trypillia Culture in Legedzyne village and Buky Canyon. 


To make the blouse I chose model #108 from Burda 4/2018, the same models are #6155B, or #2B in Burda Easy 1/2020. Actually, I used the paper pattern from this latter issue as I have them both, however, it is very handy to use Burda Easy magazines.




Блузка зі шлярками з коротким рукавом, або Замальовки з Черкащини І


Мені дуже пощастило провести захопливі та розслабляючи  вихідні на Черкащині минулої суботи та неділі, фактично перші подібні з початку великої війни. Не менш нам пощастило з погодою, бо, як на цей період літа, було помірно спекотно і достатньо комфортно для подорожі з півдня до центру України. Звісно, по традиції, я не могла не пошити декілька речей, щоб ще більше насолоджуватися мандрівкою і що, в свою чергу, спричинило появу багатьох фотографій з моїм зображенням, чого зазвичай не трапляється. Я зробила цю блузку з паском, жакет та сукню, також в сумку спакувала мої цьогорічні улюбленці жовті та широкі віскозні штанцікапелюх на голову та сережки у вуха :-) Вибір блузки був справді вдалий, вона пошита з тоненького легкого попліну, майже не мнеться, а шлярки добре тримають форму. Вбрання прекрасно вписалося у відвідування центру Трипільської культури в селі Легедзине та Буцького каньону. 


Для пошиття блузки використала викрійку моделі 108 з Burda 4/2018, такі самі моделі 6155В, та 2В з Burda Easy 1/20202. Загалом, саме цю останню паперову викрійку і застосувала, бо у мене є обидва числа журналу, проте, користуватися викрійками з Burda Easy дуже зручно.




The ruffles are hemmed with twice-folded edges. 


Краї шлярок оброблені подвійною підгинкою країв.





The belt detail is folded for times and topstitched around. 


Деталь паска складено вчетверо і відстрочено по периметру. 





The loops for the belt were crocheted. Made a chain and sewed it. 


Петлі для паска сплела гачком, зробила ланцюжок, а потім пришила його.



As a rule, when travelling, I pack as many garments as many days I am on a trip plus something to sleep in. But, as my friend remarked, it's worth taking as many outfits as many places you are going to visit. Can't but agree indeed so should work to change my rules :-) 


Як правило, подорожуючи, беру з собою стільки змін одягу, скільки днів у мандрівці плюс щось у чому спати. Але, як завважила моя подруга, в цьому випадку варто рахувати не кількість днів, а кількість місць які збираєшся відвідати. Не можу не погодитись тож маю працювати над зміною правила :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment