About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

21 July 2024

Kaleidoscope Kimono, or Peignoir aka Cardigan




While making the dress from the previous post, time after time I was looking through Burda 4/2019 as it was at hand and thought what else I could sew from it. Right about that very time me and my friend were planning to visit some local swimming-pool to get a little freshness at our 40 degrees above zero heat. Model #106 gave a birth to a good idea to make a kind of a cover up to save my body from being burnt outdoors both at the pool and beach or during the walk around playing a role of a light cardigan. After all we didn't get to that pool as we changed our mind because they run thier business quite bad but yet I have a gown which my mum calls a pegnoir and it does protect my body from the hot sun :-) 



Other things on the photos are Universal Trousers, Snowflake Rope II and III, Sheres & Cubes earrings, Raffia Hat.




Кімоно "Калейдоскоп", або Пеньюар чи кардиган




Шиючи сукню з попереднього допису, час від час передивлялася число Burda 4/2019, оскільки воно було під рукою і все думала, щоб таке ще з нього пошити. Саме в цей же час ми з подругою планували відвідати якійсь наш місцевий басейн, щоб трохи освіжитися за нашої сорокаградусної спеки. Модель 106 навела на думку пошити кімоно, щоб рятувати тіло від опіків і біля басейну чи на пляжі, та і під час прогулянок, щоб відігравав роль легкого кардигану. В басейн ми той не пішли, бо нам не сподобалося як вони ведуть справу, але вбрання, яке мама назива "пеньюаром", у мене є і воно таки захищає моє тіло від пекучого сонця :-)



Решта речей на фото: "Унівесальні штани", намиста "Сніжинка ІІІ" і "Сніжинка ІІ", сережки "Кульки і кубики", капелюх з рафії.


I would never buy any fabric specially to make the garment but in my stash I chose thin and soft viscose with border print along the both sides of the material. It used to be bought without any definite purpose just because it was on sale. The idea to sew the gown from it was exciting despite, truly speaking, 2 m was not enough :-)  

The sewing is quite easy but needs patience as there are a lot of bending and top stitching. To avoid stretching of the front edges I reinforced the curvy parts with the interfacing. Pocktes were omitted because of lack of the fabric.



Я б ніколи не купувала тканину спеціально для пошиття такого вбрання, але в запасах я обрала відріз токої, м'якої віскози з купоном по обох краях матеріалу. Колись купила без певної мети, лише тому що був на акції. Захопила мене ідея пошити саме з цієї тканини такий пеньюар, хоча. насправді, 2 м недостатньо :-)

Пошиття просте, але потребує терпіння тому що багато підвертань і відстрочувань. Щоб краї передніх зрізів не розтягувалися, вигнуту частину укріпила прокладкою. Від кишень довелося відмовитися через брак тканини.



My intention was to cut the sleeves with borders on the bottoms but it was not possible as the fabric patterns on opposite sides were not symmetrical. So I hemmed sleeves with the border pieces as the facings.



Планувала кроїти рукави з купоном по краю, але це виявилося неможливим, адже по протилежним краям візерунок на тканині був несиметричний. Тож просто обробила низ рукавів смужками купону як обшивками.



The garment's zest, as for me, is the belt's tunnel which is sewed on the wrong side of the back and thus doesn't break the fabric's pattern. This lovely detail was probably the main reason why I chose this very model.



Родзинкою вбрання, як на мій смак, є куліса для паска, яка розташована на внутрішній стороні спинки, тому не порушує візерунок. Ця мила деталь, скоріш за все, і зіграла головну роль у виборі саме цієї моделі.

No comments:

Post a Comment