About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

1 August 2024

August Fragrance Empire Style Dress


When it's as hot as 35-40°C (95-104°F) above zero as we've had here this July, the last thing that troubles you is how to look well instead how to survive in all sences (I mean together with power cuts and air alerts). But if suddenly the desire to stay beautiful hasn't gone, pattern Burda #6496 can help to some degree :-) I would say it's one of my favourite summer patterns now and having in mind its opportunities for modifications, I certainly will use it again. To sew the dress I chose large scale viscose which required a simple pattern with minimum seams and lines. Thus the model and fabric became a perfect match :-)



Сукня в стилі ампір "Аромати серпня"


Коли на вулиці 35-40°C вище нуля, як у нас тут було цього липня, останнє що тебе турбує, як при цьому гарно виглядати замість того, як вижити і це в усіх сенсах, адже тривоги і відключення світла ніхто не скасовував. Але, якщо раптом бажання залишатися красунею все ж такі не полишає, модель Burda #6496 може до певної міри допомогти :-) Я б сказала, що на сьогодні це одна з моїх улюблених літніх викрійок і, беручі до уваги можливості модифікацій, напевно буду знову нею користуватися. Для пошиття сукні я обрала віскозу з великим візерунком, тканина яка потребувала мінімум швів і конструктивних ліній. Тож модель і тканина стали чудовою парою :-)


Initially, I planned making dress A but with sleeves. After choosing the fabric I refused from wrap bodice as wasn't sure how it would look and fit. The skirt is a false wrap, it means we have a full front skirt and a flying detail imitaiting the wrap, both of them are sewed in the bust line seam. 

Despite I had 3 m (or maybe they yet were 2.5?) of the fabric, it wasn't enough to cut the flying detail to match the fabric pattern. I even failed with matching the front bodice and skirt, unfortunately. Nevertheless I love my garment, the way how it looks, suits and fits me:-)




Спочатку я збиралася шити модель А, але з рукавами. Обравши тканину відмовилася від варіанту з запахом верху, тому що не була впевнена як він буде виглядати та сидіти. Спідниця - має несправжній захід, вона має повний цілий перед з відлітною деталлю, яка імітує захід, і все це разом вшивається в поперечний рельєфний шов. 

Хоча в мене було 3 м (чи може їх було все ж такі 2,5?) тканини, це виявилося недостатньо, щоб підібрати малюнок і викроїти відлітну деталь, мені навіть не вдалося підібрати як слід малюнок для верхньої частини переду. А поза тим, я задоволена моїм вбранням, і наскільки воно мене личить, і пасує і добре сидить:-)



The sewing is quite simple and quick. The only thing I must admit. The cap of the sleeve was quite big so this time I had to gather it on the sewing machine. Actually, it is not the problem, it is a right thing to do but I mostly neglect this process and make it while basting the sleeve to the arm hole at once.



Пошиття доволі просте і швидке. Єдине маю відзначити, що окат руава був величенький і доволеся призібрати його на машинці. Але це не проблема, так робити правильно і варто, просто переважно я цією операцією нехтую, роблю це одразу вметуючи рукава в пройму.



I also must add that the pattern masks a big  bust pretty well if no to make it more fitted and leave it as it is. And, b
y the way, my green jewellery from previous four posts were inspired by this very dress :-) 

P.S. The name for the dress, August Fragrance, is invented by my colleague and I enjoyed her idea.



Маю також додати, що сукня добре маскує великий бюст, якщо не приталювати її, а залишити силует вільним. І, до речі, саме вона надихнула мене на виготовлення моїх зелених прикрас з попередніх чотирьох дописів :-)

P.S. Назву для сукні, "Аромати серпня", вигадала моя колега, і мені її їдея дуже сподобалася.

2 comments:

  1. So nice to see you wearing the green set! Very beautiful with this dress! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear Julie, for your nice comments :-))

    ReplyDelete