About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

15 August 2024

Hazy Morn Dolman Dress


This is the dress that made me fix the yellow necklace. My friend and I were going on an excursion around our city's landmarks and I decided to use the event to sew a quick and comfortable garment good for that kind of occasion. When the dress was ready, I was thinking about matching the jewellery, and from what I had, the yellow pieces seemed the best. Fortunately, my friend called on time and warned me I had to put on trainers and trousers to wander through thickets and dry grass so I had enough time to fix the jewellery and, at last, take photos of me in this retro vibe outfit.




Сукня з рукавами кімоно "Серпанковий ранок"



Це саме та сукня яка спонукала мене відремонтувати жовте намисто. Ми з подругою зібралися на екскурсію по цікавим місцям нашого міста і я вирішила скористатися нагодою щоб пошити швидке і зручне вбрання гоже для такого заняття. Коли сукня вже була готова і я підбирала до неї прикраси, з того, що у мене є, жовті мені сподобалися найбільше. На щастя, подруга вчасно зателефонувала і попередила, щоб я взула кросівки і одягнула штани для блукання по хащах та сухій траві, тож у мене з'явилося достатньо часу для ремонту прикрас і, нарешті, фотографування мене в цьому вбранні з ретро флером.


I've already used pattern #6451 for making the Lavender Dress last year but this time I did want to keep to the model and the only thing I changed was omitting the collar and making a boat neck hole; to get it I widened the neck hole for 4 cm (that mentioned dress had 5 cm widening). 

The picture of the dress has no back view drawing and I only knew about its buttons when cut the paper pattern. The next confusing thing, in the instructions they say nothing about how to process the back fastening of the bodice to have it buttoned and unbuttoned. So I had to make it in my own way. I hope it's clear from the photos but if there are any questions, just ask.




Я вже користувалася цією викрійкою #6451 для пошиття сукні "Лавандова мандрівка" минулого року, але цього разу хотілося все ж таки дотримуватися моделі якнайліпше, і єдине що я змінила - відмовилася від коміру та розширила горловину на 4 см, щоб отримати виріз човником (в тій згаданій сукні розширення було на 5 см). 

Малюнок моделі не має вигляду спинки і те, що вона має застібку на гудзики, я дізналася лише після того, як вирізала викрійку. Наступний бентежний момент, в інструкції нічого не сказано проте, як обробити застібку на ліфі спинки, адже застібка тут функціональна. Тож мені довелося зробити це на свій розсуд. Сподіваюся з фото це зрозуміло, але якщо є питання, просто запитайте.



Instead of the slit on the back part of the skirt I made a bow pleat otherwise, I had no chance to cut the dress of 2.5 m of this viscose.



Замість шліци на задній частині спідниці, я зробила зустрічну складку, по- іншому мені б не вистачило 2,5 м віскози для розкроя сукні.



While processing the back bodice fastening, I thought there was an easier way to make it, however, it was too late to change the process. But if I ever use the pattern again, I will surely apply my idea.



Під час обробки застібки ліфу спинки, я подумала, що був простіший спосіб це зробити, але вже пізно міняти процес. Але якщо колись знову користуватимусь цією викрійкою, то, напевно, задію мою ідею.

No comments:

Post a Comment