About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

28 June 2015

Sun's Friend Wrap Dress:-)


It rains for a few days running so the only way to brighten the mood seems to be just to play a part of the sun oneself... or at least the pair of its rays:-)) To play the role the best you just need to wear a light bright dress made by the pattern #121 from Burda 4/2015.
Wrap dresses and blouses are one of my favourite. You always look and feel relaxed, informal and feminine when wearing them. The only caution: the fabric should be chosen carefully not to transform your beautiful dress into the nice dressing gown. On the same reason I refused from sewing big pockets meant to be by the pattern (wanted to make inner ones but as I changed the design of the skirt, had to neglect them as well).


Подружка сонця:-)


Коли декілька днів поспіль дощить, здається, єдиний спосіб пожвавити настрій - це самому зіграти роль сонця, або, принаймні, прикинутися його промінням:-) Увійти в образ допоможе легка і яскрава сукня на запах (наголос на другий склад) пошита за зразком №121 з Burda 4/2015.
Сукні і блузи із запахом (наголос на другий склад) одні з моїх улюблених, бо в них завжди виглядаєш невимушено і жіночно. Єдина пересторога: тканину для пошиття треба обирати дуже ретельно, бо неправильний вибір може перетворити чудову сукню на  гарний домашній халат. З тієї ж причини моя сукня без великих накладних кишень, передбачених в журналі (хотіла зробити внутрішні, але через зміни в конструкції     спідниці, від них теж довелося відмовитись).                            
                              



As it is said above, I changed the skirt of the dress. The original pattern has gatherings around the waist which can be afforded by the women who are very slim or have sportive figure or have narrow/low hips, the rest of us should avoid such gatherings not to look like a haystack. The same effect would do the sewing pockets to such a wide skirt so I suggest to omit them as well if you have curves. Besides, among three variants of the model chose those with sleeves to keep the balance of the bodice and skirt.



Як вже раніше згадувалось, я змінила спідницю сукні через часткове призбирування  по талії. Таку конструкцію можуть собі дозволити лише худі жінки, жінки із спортивною статурою, або жінки, які мають вузькі чи низькі стегна. Всім нам, кого це не стосується, краще уникати таких деталей, щоб не виглядати як копиця сіна. Той самий ефект ми отримаємо, якщо пришиємо до такої широкої спідниці накладні кишені, тому пропоную тим, хто має вигини, відмовитись від них теж. Крім того,  серед трьох варіантів моделі, які є у журналі, раджу обирати сукні з рукавами, щоб не порушувати пропорцій верхньої і нижньої частин.







I just made pleats instead of the gathering. The ready length  of detail #4 after gathering is supposed to be about 21 cm and  before gathering it is 43 cm so I had 22 cm extra which I divided into 4 and got the width of one pleat on the waist. As I decided to sew the pleats for 10 cm I had to measure the length around the hips to be sure I would have enough space for soft fitting. So I get 4 pleats: 5.5 cm x 3 cm.




Я просто замість зборок зробила складки. Готова довжина після призбирування деталі №4 має бути біля 21 см, а  до призбирування вона 43 см, тобто по талії маю зайвих 22 см. Ділю їх на 4 і отримую складку завширшки 5,5 см по талії. Оскільки я планувала застрочити складки десь на 10 см, то  виміряла ширину деталей по стегнах, щоб мати достатній припуск на вільне облягання після застрочування. Таким чином, отримала 4 складки 5,5 см х 3 см.


My dress is made of thin well draping viscose staple so I didn't cut the seam allowance for the darts. And strengthened the belt with interfacing. Аll the edges of the dress are processed with top stitches.


Мою сукню пошито з тонкого віскозного штапелю, який гарно драпірується, тому я не зрізала припуски на шви витачок. Також укріпила клеєвим флізеліном паски. Всі краї сукні відстрочено оздоблювальним стібком.



I also recommend to try on the dress after basting the bodice and skirt together. As you see on the pictures,  my waist line and the pattern's didn't coincide so I had to draw the new line to join the bodice  properly.



Я також рекомендую не нехтувати приміркою перед стачуванням спідниці і верху сукні. Як це видно на фото, моя лінія талії і моделі - не збіглися, тому я мала накреслити нову лінію талії, щоб вона зайняла своє місце.




The last recommendations concerns the hem. I recommend to call your friend to help you  use this technique to get a nice and neat line of the hem especially if your fabric is thin.




Остання рекомендація стосується лінії низу: покличте подружку, щоб допомогла вам її вирівняти, особливо якщо ви шиєте з тонкої тканини, краще зробіть як тут, це стане охайним завершенням роботи.



As an accessory I chose such bracelets   and the earrings reminding ancient symbols of the sun. While I was working on the dress, the hope to see the sun this summer came back... I guess it is not а bad result :-)




Сукню доповнила браслетами і сережками, форма яких нагадуює стародавні символи сонця. Поки працювала над обновкою, надія побачити сонце цього літа повернулась... думаю, це не такий вже і поганий результат :-)

6 comments:

  1. Так и хочется крикнуть:"Солнцеликая, позови солнце!". Ярко, оригинально, изыскано!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Дякую... такі чудові слова!! Я сподівалась, що буде гарно, але якість тканини - не дуже, то думала, може і помилилась з вибором. Рада, що все вийшло:-)

      Delete
  2. Super super!
    I like it very much and it suits you, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Your nice words always make me happy and put in a good mood:-)

      Delete