About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

2 June 2015

How to Rescue a Dress :-)


Any tailor knows to save a sewed item you just should use an iron in the right way :-) But it surely concerns the occasions when your clothing doesn't have the fitting you've seen in your dreams... And sometimes the ironing really helps! But when you made a wrong choice of a design for your dress the iron is absolutely helpless... just trust me :-) And the only idea to save your look and don't regret about spent time and money is to make some stunning accessory to turn the attention from your not ideal apparel to the splendour of your image that is always possible to emphasise with something really keeping the eye... Something that adds to your eyes unbelievable shining... ( it seems to me I speak about love but the post is still about needlework :-)) For me it means to make impressive earrings like these ones. They have already hypnotised me so I hope they will do the same with everybody ;-)


Як врятувати сукню:-)


Будь-яка кравчиня чи кравець знають, щоб "замаскувати" недоліки готового вбрання, достатньо віртуозного володіння праскою :-) Але це, безперечно, стосується тих випадків, коли ваше вбрання "сидить" на фігурі не так, або не зовсім так, як ви уявляли в своїх мріях... І іноді праска справді допомагає! Але, якщо ви просто обрали не той фасон для своєї сукні, то, повірте мені на слово, тут вже праска безсила...:-) І єдине, що рятує в такому випадку і дозволяє не шкодувати про витрачений час та гроші - якийсь приголомшливий аксесуар: він якраз і спрямує увагу від недосконалого вбрання на блиск вашого образу і не дозволить зводити з вас очей... Щось таке, що примусить ваші очі сяяти особливим блиском... (здається, я говорю про кохання, але йдеться все ще про рукотвори :-)) Для мене це означає -  зробити вражаючи сережки... ну, може, такі як на фото, наприклад. Вони мене вже загіпнотизували, сподіваюсь так само вони подіють і ще на когось ;-)




To make such an embellishment you just need to choose the seed beads of three hues of the colour you like or want or need. Then make a cluster by this chart. And then improvise according to your fantasy. I added a couple of leaves-beads and flower-beads of two kinds and finished with adding a big green bead.



Щоб зробити такі сережки, просто обираємо бісер трьох відтінків кольору, який подобається або хочеться. Потім робимо кластер за цією схемою. І потім вже імпровізуємо, дослухаємось до фантазії. Я додала намистини-листя та намистини-квіточки двох видів та велику зелену намистину.






To complete the impression I also made a ring. To tell the true, I don't like this kind of jewelry. The only one I ever wanted was a red ring of solid stone, that I bought on Santorini for 10 euro as a souvenir. But in this definite case the point is not just to wear but to make something as well so the ring seemed to be an ideal partner for the earrings. None of design, just random peyote beading from the same seed beads. I beaded on a thread so the item is pretty soft and ( it is well-seen on the picture ) more even than my bracelet




Для повноти враження, зробила каблучку. Чесно сказати, байдужий мені цей вид прикрас. За все моє життя, я хотіла одну єдину каблучку - це був виріб з червоного цільного каменю, який я купила собі на Санторіні за 10 євро замість сувеніру. Але тут справа не лише в бажанні щось носити, але і щось створити, тому каблучка мені здалася просто ідеальним доповненням до моїх сережок. Жодного дизайну - довільне нанизування бісеру в техніці пейот, або мозаїка. Нанизувала на нитку, тому виріб вийшов пластичний і на фото видно, що набагато рівніший, ніж мій браслет.

So let's shine, Ladies! :-)

Отже, сяймо, дівчата! :-)

2 comments:

  1. "Недосконале вбрання", "маскування"-це не для такої КРАВЧИНИ, як ти... Тому ці сережки, кільце тільки відтіняють сукню. То ж, будемо сяяти!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Дякую... сяяти приємно, то зроблю, що зможу:-)

      Delete