About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

19 December 2019

Watermelon Brooch

The post fixes the start of the second series of embroidered brooches which are planned to be six, too. Deep in my mind I hope the approaching holidays will let me have more time not only for beading but just to spend time well to feel the festive spirit. But, of course, any favourite activity is appreciated anyway not depending on which one it happens to be:-) This series compiled of very different brooches and has only one fruit piece which I've made today. But either it is not my favourite fruit or I am quite tired in the end of the term, all the beads, except the biggest red one in the centre, were sewed twice during the work because I wasn't satisfied with what I'd made at once. Finally it is ready and looks very bright and cheerful as any juicy fruit :-) 



Брошка "Кавун" 

Допис фіксує початок виготовлення другої серії вишитих брошок і їх також буде шість. Десь у глибині душі я сподіваюся, що прийдешні свята подарують мені можливість не лише виготовляти прикраси а і просто дозволять добре провести час, щоб відчути святковий настрій. Але, звісно, заняття будь якою улюбленою справою високо цінується незалежно від того якою :-) Ця серія складається з дуже різних брошок і лише одна з них - шматочок умовного фрукта, який я сьогодні і зробила. Але чи то через те, що це не мій улюблений фрукт, чи через втому в кінці семестру, всі намистини, крім найбільшої червоної у центрі, перешивалися двічі під час роботи, тому що я весь час була не задоволена тим, що у мене одразу виходило. Нарешті вона готова і виглядає дуже яскраво і життєрадісно, як будь який соковитий фрукт:-)




Almost everything was well with the work but the fixing the fastening. To keep the brooch's balance while wearing it the pin should be set closer to the top. I glued it as high as the length of the pin let. 




Майже все в роботі було гаразд крім фіксування застібки. Щоб зберегти баланс брошки під час носіння, застібку варто прикріпити якнайвище. Я її підняла настільки, наскільки дозволила її довжина.

No comments:

Post a Comment