About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

22 December 2019

Cake Brooch



Brooch show is going on :-) There is still no system in the order of their making. Only pure interest and fun. When choosing the kits to purchase, I had doubts about this brooch. It seemed to be not very neat on the producer's site photo and it was clear that the pearls which are main elements of the embroidery here have defects. But then the curiosity won the practicality and the the decision was making in the Cake favour:-) I did like the pretty fresh and not usual colour combination and the materials for the basket here: they are gathered better than on the box's photo. I also liked the alternation of bugle beads and seed beads to cover the base so I used all the creamy bugles for that. Finally, I've got a sweet thing indeed, haven't I?:-) 

Брошка "Тістечко" 



Шоу брошок триває:-) Жодної системи порядку їхнього  виготовлення все так само немає. Лише чиста цікавість і забава. Обираючи набори для покупки у мене були сумніви щодо цієї брошки. На фото сайту виробника вона не виглядала дуже охайно і вже було зрозуміло, що перлини, які тут є головними елементами вишивки, будуть з дефектами. Але потім цікавість взяла гору над практичністю і рішення було прийнято на користь "Тістечка":-) Мені  справді сподобалося доволі свіже і незвичне сполучення кольорів і матеріали для кошика: тут вони кращі ніж на фото на коробці. Також сподобалося чергування стеклярусі та бісеру для зашивання фону, тому для цього я використала весь кремовий стеклярус. Зрештою, солоденька дрібничка у мене вийшла, чи не так?:-)





As for the materials I was right but, being prepared, wasn't upset:-) The worst is the biggest pearl because there is no part of it without any scratching. Mid side pearls are very old and even have rusty holes but let them consider to be just of a dark creamy hue. The pin was rusty again as well so I changed it for mine. Despite all that the outcome makes me forget about any flaws so it a worthy piece. 

For the trimming row I used the seed beads of three colours. 





Щодо матеріалів я була права. Але ж підготовлений - означає озброєний, тож не засмутилася:-) Найгірше: найбільша перлина немає жодного  боку без подряпин. Перлини середнього розміру такі старі, що мають іржаві отвори, але ж можна вважати, що це просто створює темніший відтінок кремового кольору. Булавка знову була іржавою і довелося замінити на свою. Незважаючи на це, результат примушує забути про всі недоліки тож це гідна річ.

Для обшивки використала бісер трьох кольорів.

No comments:

Post a Comment