About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

15 December 2019

Sky Kiss Hat



The hat, obviously, has nothing in common with kissing, the name is just a reverence for the pattern from DropsDesign used as a prototype and that is called Lavender Kiss :-) I know it is winter now but it didn't feel like it is here. But on Thursday despite of absence of snow and frost, the air became so cold that reminded at once about the real season and I suddenly realised that probably I should make a warm hat matching my fabulous Colour Block Super Scarf  which I wear very often, by the way. The yarn was bought right after the scarf was ready so these Friday and Saturday nights were spent for the knitting. 



Шапка "Небесний цілунок" 

Шапка, вочевидь, жодного стосунку до цілунків не має, це просто реверанс у бік DropsDesign, чию модель використано як прототип і яка у них називається "Лавандовий цілунок" :-) Я знаю, що зараз зима, але тут цього не відчувалося. Проте, у четвер, незважаючи на відсутність снігу і морозу, повітря стало таким холодним, що одразу нагадало, яка зараз пора року і я раптом зрозуміла, що мені все ж таки варто зробити теплу шапку у пару до мого надзвичайного супер шарфу "Кольорові блоки", який я, до речі, надягаю дуже часто. Пряжу було куплено ще по закінченню роботи над шарфом, тож ці п'ятничний і суботній вечори було витрачено на плетіння.




The hat was knitted in three threads: one Alize LanaGold Classic and two Alize Kid Mohair, knitting needles 4. My hat differs from DropsDesign's but I used the way of decreasing and the idea of garter stitch band from them so without it I wouldn't manage. I started with 92 stitches because my thread is thicker and I knitted the hat flat so needed two edge stitches. The band is double for warmth. The decreasing was started with their round 3 and with 2 sts tog then 7 k. As I knitted flat in this way it looks neater.



Шапку сплетено в три нитки: одна Alize LanaGold Classic і дві Alize Kid Mohair, спиці №4. Моя шапка відрізняється від тієї, що на сайті DropsDesign, але я використала їхній спосіб убування петель та ідею планки платочною в'язкою, тож без них я б не впоралася. Набрала 92 петлі, тому що моя нитка товстіша і плела пласко, тому знадобилися кінцеві петлі. Планка подвійна для тепла. Убування почала з їхнього 7 ряду і  в іншому порядку: 2 л. разом потім 7 л. Оскільки плела не по колу, так це виглядає охайніше.



Today I am very glad with my outcome and gladly share it here. But, in fact, I knitted two hats. The first one was finished yesterday and unpicked almost at once as it turned to be too big. So late at night yesterday I started the second time and finished today at about lunch time. 





Сьогодні я дуже задоволена результатом і з радістю тут ним ділюся. Але насправді я сплела дві шапки. Першу було закінчено вчора і майже одразу розплетено, тому що виявилася надто великою. Тому так само вчора пізно вночі почала плести другий варіант, який і закінчила вже сьогодні десь до обіду. 

2 comments:

  1. Holiday Greetings!

    The color is complementary to your eyes..looks so "cozy".
    Happy Holidays and New Year!
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment!!! Happy Holidays to you, too!

      Delete