About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

8 December 2019

Pomegranate Brooch



Once upon a time I used to see and eat, of course, a lot of pomegranates when living in Azerbaijan. Huge piles of the ripe fruits rose (and I guess still do) at the markets there. And I also saw pomegranate orchards both blossoming in spring and abounded with the red fruit in autumn. Along those gardens one could come across the rows of long cone baskets full of the fruits as well. I consider pomegranate to be not only very tasty but also very decorative that's why I was intrigued with the brooch's kit as I knew exactly what outcome I would like to get. It worth mentioning that my mom said it looked like a Christmas tree ornament more than pomegranate but I don't mind such a definition, let it be :-)

Брошка "Гранат"



Колись давно, коли мешкала в Азербайджані, я бачила і, звісно ж, їла багато гранатів. Цілі гори цих стиглих фруктів височили на тамтешніх  ринках. І також бачила квітучі гранатові сади на весні та ті ж сади, що рясніли червоними плодами, восени: в цю пору року вздовж тих садів по всяк час можна було натрапити на ряди довгих конусоподібних кошиків також наповнених фруктами. Гранат, на мою думку, не лише смачний, але і дуже декоративний, тож мене дуже зацікавив набір для виготовлення цієї брошки, адже я напевно знала, який результат хотіла б отримати. Правда, мама зауважила, що це радше схоже на ялинкову кульку ніж на гранат, та я і не проти, нехай буде так:-)




However, I was very disappointed with the kit as soon as I opened the box. The materials were different from the picture almost entirely. Main beads were 8 mm pearls. I don't mind sewing the pearls but, as I mentioned in last post, they are of bad quality, besides, 12 eight mm pearls would make the brooch very heavy. I was upset enough to stop this brooches marathon until I found some other materials and  to start a new project, a necklace. But, when I opened the bag with the beads for the necklace, I saw flat ones, which, in my opinion, are exactly the beads I needed for the brooch. So I replaced the pearls  for these coin beads and beads 5 from the kit for the round 6 mm crystals. In this way the work went on and was finished. 



Проте, щойно відкрила коробку, набір мене розчарував. Матеріали майже повністю відрізнялися від тих, що на малюнку. Головні намистини були перлини 8 мм. Не маю нічого проти пришивання перлин, але в попередньому дописі вже відзначала, що вони поганої якості, до того ж 12 перлин по 8 мм зробили б брошку дуже важкою. Я засмутилася достатньо аби припинити цей брошковий марафон допоки не знайду якісь інші матеріали і розпочати новий проект - намисто. Але, коли відкрила пакет з намистинами для нього, побачила пласкі "монетки", які, як на мене, саме те, що треба для брошки. Тож замінила перлини на ці "монетки", а намистини №5 з набору на круглі кристали 6 мм. Так роботу було продовжено та закінчено.

No comments:

Post a Comment