About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

27 August 2020

V-neck Maxi Dress, or Spread the Wings:-)

 

It is not the first Butterflies Dress I introduce here. I used to make this nice one called Butterflies' Tamer. I surely was in playful mood then and on some forgotten reason butterflies were on my mind as I even beaded a couple of them and made  the necklace. But this time I didn't think about these insects at all. It just happened that, when not seeing the planned fabric for the jumpsuit, I asked the seller about it. She used the moment properly and suggested me the fabric on sale with other kind of butterflies print. I couldn't stop and purchased 2.80 m of it. The first question I asked myself after coming back home: "Why I bought it?" and the second "What to do with it?" Here the story turned to other way as I had to mention that this summer I at last visited small pretty town Chornomorsk on the Black Sea. Me and my friend were so excited about our one day excursion there that decided to spend few days at the place to walk around and bathe in the sea to our hearts' content. Of course, packing is a part of any trip and I was going to wear only loose dresses but it turned out I only had two but needed three... for every day of staying there:-)



My full Chornomorsk album is here

Мій повний альбом "Чорноморськ" тут.


Макси-сукня з вирізом мисом, або Розгорни крила:-) 



Це не перше вбрання в метелики, яке я тут виставляю. Колись я пошила цю гарну сукню названу "Приборкувачка метеликів". Напевно я тоді була в дуже грайливому настрої і, з якоїсь забутої причини, метелики не йшли мені з голови, бо я навіть сплела двійко бісером і зробила намисто. Проте цього разу я взагалі не думала про цих комах. Просто не побачивши запланованої тканини для пошиття комбінезону, я про неї запитала продавчиню. Вона правильно скористалася моментом і запропонувала мені з розпродажу інший варіант "метеликів". Я не спинилася і придбала 2.80 м. Перше, що я себе запитала приїхавши додому було: "Нашо я це купила?", а друге "Що з цим робити?". Тут історія повертає в інший бік оскільки маю згадати, що цього року мені нарешті вдалося відвідати маленьке затишне містечко Чорноморськ. Ми з подругою були в такому захваті від нашої одноденної подорожі до нього, що вирішили провести там декілька днів, щоб як слід прогулятися і  досхочу накупатися у морі. Звісно, пакування речей - це частина будь якої подорожі, а я збиралася одягати лише дуже просторі сукні, у мене таких знайшлося дві, а потрібні були - три... по одній на кожен день:-)


About those days  in FB's stream of our BurdaStyle Ukraine I saw the models from one of my lucky magazines and rushed to see it in full. Looking through Burda 6/2015 I saw the dress #117. From that magazine I used to make the dress #121 and had no certain intention to sew something else up to then. Thus the fabric I had never wanted to buy found the pattern I had never wanted to sew and they matched perfectly:-) 





Приблизно в ті дні у фейсбучній стрічці нашої BurdaStyle Ukraine я побачила моделі з одного з моїх щасливих журналів і кинулася подивитися його повністю. Переглядаючи Burda 6/2015 побачила сукню 117. З того числа я шила модель 121 і до того моменту не мала якихось певних намірів шити щось ще. Ось так тканина, яку я не хотіла купувати, знайшла модель, яку я не хотіла шити, і вони чудово підійшли одне одному:-)


The sewing of the dress is quick and simple but this my issue on absolutely happy reason is in German, so I followed my own instruction:-) The most time consuming is the processing of the central seams. They are the same on the front and back as the draft is the same as well. At first I stitched the shoulder seams. Then basted the central seam from the bottom of the front to the bottom of the back. The neckhole stayed basted and the pieces down from the neckhole's end (angle) were stitched and overcast.  And then the entire seam from the front bottom to the back bottom was pressed open. 



Пошиття сукні швидке і просте, але це моє число, з надзвичайно щасливої причини, німецькою тож у мене своя інструкція:-) Найбільше часу пішло на обробку центральних швів. Вони однакові по переду і по спинці оскільки креслення одне і теж також. Спочатку стачала плечові шви. Потім зметала центральний шов від низу переду до низу спинки. Виріз горловини залишається зметаним, частини сукні від кінця горловини (кута) до зрізу низу стачуємо і обметуємо. Потім розпрасовуємо весь шов від низу пілочки до низу спинки.





Next step is stitching the shoulder pleats. 





Наступний крок - зшиваємо плечові складки. 

Then the neckhole is processed. The edged are tucked in the fold and stitched. And only after that the basting thread was removed. In this way the neckhole looks quite neat. 




Потім обробка горловини. Краї загнула всередину і настрочила. І лише після цього видалила зметувальну нитку.  Так горловина виходить доволі охайна. 




The rest of the work is usual: the armholes are processed with double folding. The correct line of the hem should be marked from the ground like in this Daisy Dress




Решта роботи звичайна: краї пройм обробила подвійною підгинкою. Правильну лінію низу краще визначати від підлоги як в цій ромашковій сукні.

No comments:

Post a Comment