About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

11 August 2020

Bright Rhombuses Sateen Dress



I wasn't inclined to write this article. On the simple reason. I sewed the dress about three weeks ago but had no Internet connection these weeks so couldn't compose the post at once. After that I made a couple more things (generally, four). Experience of their making is in the turn to be arranged and shared, too. I even managed to spend three days at the seaside during that time. Obviously my thoughts accompanying the dress sewing had lost their freshness by this time :-) My cousin took a lot of nice pictures of me in this outfit so I decided just to share as many pictures as my modesty lets. And this time it would let a lot so it could be the best post ever :-) But today I have finished reading a book which pushed me to writing. It is a historical novel and has nothing in common with the subjects of my blogging, however, the closer to the climax of the story the more  evidently became its main idea. "Nothing is  always exactly the same what it seems to be". I thought I can say about the dress these words having in mind the change of the initial pattern I did. And in this way the inspiration came :-) 

 

Сатинова сукня "Яскраві ромби"

 

Мені не хотілося писати тут статтю. З простої причини. Я пошила цю сукню десь біля трьох тижнів тому, але у мене не працював Інтернет ті тижні, тож не було змоги скласти допис одразу.  Після того я зробила ще пару речей (насправді, чотири). Досвід про роботу над ними теж чекає на свою чергу бути впорядкованим і поширеним. Я навіть встигла провести три дні на морському узбережжі протягом того часу. Вочевидь думки, які супроводжували процес пошиття цієї сукні на сьогоднішній день втратили свою свіжість:-) До того ж моя сестра зробила достатньо гарних фоток мене у цій  сукні, тож я вирішила розмістити тут їх стільки, скільки моя скромність дозволить. А цього разу вона дозволила б багато і це міг би бути найкращий допис за весь час:-) Але сьогодні я закінчила читати одну книжку, яка і спонукала мене до писання. Це історичний роман, який і близько нічого спільного не має з темами мого блогу, проте, чим ближче до розв'язки сюжету, тим наочнішою ставала його головна ідея про те, що ніщо не буває завжди насправді таким, яким здається. Я подумала, що можу описати цю сукню таким ж словами, маючи на думці зміни, які я внесла до початкової моделі. Отак і з'явилося натхнення:-) 


 

The initial pattern of the dress #108B from Burda 9/2015 and the sleeves are from #110. Model #109 also has short sleeves so it doesn't the matter which of them to use. All the models #108-110 are the modifications of the same pattern.  The fabric dictated the design because I wanted only slightly fitting  without any extra seams pattern to avoid the break of the print. 





Початкова модель 108B з Burda 9/2015, а рукави від моделі 110. Модель 109 теж має короткі рукави, тож немає значення, яку з них використовувати. Всі моделі 108-110 - модифікації однієї викрійки. Насправді, тканина диктувала дизайн, бо мені хотілося, щоб модель лише трохи окреслювала фігуру і не було зайвих швів, щоб не порушувати візерунок.





 

So I changed the pattern. I cut it without relief seams but with darts by their lines instead (on the photo red lines - new darts lines). I also lengthened it for about 7-8 cm.


 

 

Отже модель я змінила. Покроїла без рельєфних швів, замість них зробила по їхнім лініям виточки (на фото червоні лінії - нові лінії витачок). Також подовжила сукню десь на 7-8 см.

 

 

 

The sleeves were cut as single details with darts, too. All the lines were copied with copying stitches. 

 


Рукави теж були покроєні як суцільні деталі. Всі лінії перенесені копіювальними стібками.

 


 

The order of the sewing was changed as well. At first I joined the sleeves to the armholes, then stitched the shoulder with sleeve's dart as a continuous seam, then the sleeve's and the bodice's side as a continuous seam, too. If anybody does the same, this latter seam must be basted and the dress tried on because when the dress was ready, at first I felt a little discomfort in the armpits. After wearing the dress it disappeared but nevertheless.


 

Порядок пошиття теж змінила. Спочатку зшила рукави з передньою і задньою частинами, потім з'єднала плечовий шов і виточку рукава одним швом, потім шов рукава і боковий шов сукні теж одним швом. Якщо хтось таке буде робити, треба останній крок спочатку зметати, потім сукню приміряти, тому що я спочатку відчувала невеликий дискомфорт під пахвами. Після того, як поносила сукню він зник, але тим не менш.

 

Then nothing special went on as the dress has no  zipper. Only short slit in the centre of the back. To fasten the dress I made an air loop and sewed a button.


 

Далі нічого особливого не відбувалося, тому що блискавки немає, лише коротка щілина посередині спинки. Сукня застібається на повітряну петлю і ґудзик.

 

 




To complete the outfit I chose Desert Sunset earrings. 




Вбрання доповнила сережками "Захід сонця у пустелі".

No comments:

Post a Comment