About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

16 August 2020

Evening Breath Shawl

 

One last summer evening the chilly night breeze provoked  my dreaming about a light shawl. I also was pondering about its real necessity and the story ended with the sewing a jeans jacket:-) So this year I yielded the temptation to test new yarn Diva Ombre Batik from Alize  and crocheted such a shawl. A little less than two months ago I called at our local hobby store and the girls offered to take a look at some gorgeous yarn. I am always ready to know what new they have and wanted a skein at once. The problem of choice because of great variety of the colours couldn't be solved at that very moment as I wanted most of them :-) So I took a photo of all the palette and came back to purchase in a day or two. Even now I cannot say why I chose this hue of violet... maybe just because I couldn't remember if I have any clothes in this colour :-)

 

On the photo the shawl is in pair with the jumpsuit, which turned to be the ideal showcase for it, Colour of the Rain earrings, which are an occasional choice here, and Twin Wrap bracelet

 

Шаль "Подих вечору" 



Одного літнього вечора минулого року прохолодний вечірній бриз навіяв мені думки про легку шаль. Також я міркувала, чи вона мені справді так вже і потрібна. Історія закінчилася пошиттям джинсового жакету :-) Тож цього року я поступилася спокусі спробувати нову пряжу 
Diva Ombre Batik від Alize і сплела таку шаль гачком. Трохи менше ніж два місяці тому забігла на хвилинку до нашої місцевої крамнички для рукотворниць і дівчата запропонувала поглянути на неймовірну пряжу. Я завжди готова дізнатися що у них є новенького і одразу закортіло мати її моточок. Через велике розмаїття кольорів проблему вибору одразу розв'язати було неможливо, тому що забажала більшість з них:-) Я сфотографувала всю палітру і повернулася заради покупки за день чи два. Навіть зараз не можу сказати, чому обрала саме цей відтінок бузкового... можливо лише через те, що не могла згадати чи є у мене одяг в таких кольорах:-) 


На фото шаль доповнює комбінезон, який став для неї ідеальною вітриною, сережки "Колір дощу", які тут опинилися випадково, та браслет-обгортка з твінів.



The work started with crocheting a swatch and, after that, choosing a pattern. I crocheted three samples and stopped at the Evening Breath shawl pattern from DropsDesign. I started crocheting from the inside end of the thread and had no idea if it would be enough yarn to have a quite big item to wrap in it. I didn't find any piece of advice as for that. 




Робота розпочалася з плетіння зразку для розрахування щільності плетіння і, після цього, вибору моделі. Я сплела три зразки і зупинилася на моделі Evening Breath від DropsDesign. Почала плести з внутрішнього кінця моточку і не мала уявлення чи мені вистачить на виріб достатньо великий, щоб в нього загорнутися. Жодної поради щодо цього я не знайшла.



The work was going quickly and it took me probably a fortnight to finish the crocheting. Before blocking the size of the shawl was about 140 x 70 cм. 





Робота пішла швидко і десь за два тижні плетіння було завершено. До відпарювання розмір шалі був приблизно 140 x 70 cm.



After blocking the size of the shawl is 180 x 79 cm. On the right photo you can see how much yarn left from 875 m. 




Після відпарювання розмір шалі 180 х 79 см. На фото праворуч видно скільки пряжі залишилося з 875 м.


No comments:

Post a Comment