About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

18 August 2020

Orient Pattern Dress, or Party at the River

 

 

I don't know how they call such kinds of fabric patterns in. English. Here we call them "kerchief" patterns. But most of all it reminds me the ornate and intricate decor of an orient carpet (kylym). I used to hear that every carpet tells a story or has some mysterious code in it, and even if  it is just a figment, it is not bad to invent some fairy-tale oneself while looking at the carpet's pattern. It is exactly what I liked to do when I was a child :-) So I was very glad to buy a piece of this material of wonderful quality  for affordable price. I cannot say I couldn't sleep without such fabric in my stash but I always didn't mind to have it to make a kind of a long loose tunic. Exactly like I made to go to my cousin's birthday party taken place at the river bank. 

 

The dress is completed with Peacock Feather necklace and earrings. I think it will look awesome with Frosty Ornament necklace, too. 


Сукня "Східний візерунок", або Вечірка над річкою




Не знаю як називають такі візерунки на тканинах в інших мовах. Ми їх називаємо "хусткові". Але більш за все вони мені нагадують пишні та хитромудрі орнаменти східних килимів. Колись чула, що кожний килим розповідає якусь історію чи несе в собі якійсь таємничий код і навіть якщо це просто вигадка, не так вже і погано вигадати власну казку поки розглядаєш візерунок на килимі. Саме це мені подобалося робити у дитинстві. Тож я була рада купити відріз такого матеріалу гарної якості за доступну ціну. Не казатиму, що не могла спати не маючи такої тканини в запасах, але ніколи не була проти пошити собі з неї  довгу і простору туніку. Саме таку, як зробила до вечірки на березі річки на честь дня народження моєї сестри. 




There is no need to think a lot about the dress model to sew because the fabric itself defines it. The main thing is to buy enough material and it should be not less than two rapports of the fabric pattern. I also keep to the point that not depending on how loose and obviously simple the item is, it must be structured anyway  to have a shape. For example, to sew this dress I used model #109/110 from Burda 9/2019 as a base. This pattern has darts and an ideal neckhole to put on the dress without zipping. It was a right choice because the dress doesn't 
wobble and stays on the shoulders where it should be. 


All about the hat is here.



Сенсу довго думати над моделлю для пошиття немає, тому що сама тканина визначає фасон. Головне - це купити достатньо тканини і це має бути не менше двох рапортів візерунку. Також я дотримуюсь думки, що незалежно від того, наскільки річ простора та вочевидь проста, вона повинна мати форму. Наприклад, для пошиття цієї моделі я обрала викрійку 109/110 з Burda 9/2019 як основу. Ця модель має виточки та ідеальний виріз горловини, щоб обійтися без блискавки. Це був правильний вибір, адже сукня не перекочується на плечах, а тримається там, де має бути. 


Сукню доповнено намистом і сережками "Перо павича". Думаю з намистом "Морозний візерунок" теж добре виглядало б. 


Все про капелюх тут.

I fold the fabric across by the centre of every rapport. The sleeves were shortened for about 6-7 cm. And I draw new side lines from the dart down to the entire length of the fabric. The dress is as much along the bottom as wide the rapport. 




Тканину склала впоперек по середини кожного рапорту. Рукава було вкорочено десь на 6-7 см. І я накреслила нову лінію боку від виточки вниз на повну довжину тканини. По низу сукня широку настільки, наскільки дозволяє рапорт. 


One of the fabric parts were chosen as an alignment line not to break the fabric pattern on the sides.

To process all the hems quicker this fabric allows just to press the first bend. The second I basted and then stitched.




Одну з ділянок візерунку було обрано як лінію збігу, щоб візерунок не порушився в бокових швах.

Щоб  обробити всі нижні тканина дозволяє перший згин просто запрасувати. Другий заметала і вже потім застрочила. 



The vibrant colours of the dress create a good mood and look perfect  in the city as well. For example, like in these photos from Chornomorsk where I spent few days this summer.  



Яскраві кольори сукні створюють гарний настрій і чудово виглядають також і в місті. Наприклад, як на цих фото з Чорноморську, де я провела цього літа декілька днів.  

No comments:

Post a Comment