About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

23 February 2015

Apple Blossom Set (Square Stitch Training)




The talks about inspiration can be both very short and very long. Ideas can come unexpectedly or can revolve in the mind for pretty long time. As I'm fond of several kinds of needlework, the different projects can just inspire each other... it's like a chain reaction. :-) 
I've been in beading just for few months and, as any beginner, had to start with studying different techniques to work with seed beads. So to learn main or  the most popular of them, I decided just to make several bracelets to learn different stitches, develop my skills and to get some addition to my jewelry box at the same time:-)
                                     
                                                            (Photo of the blossom by  +Isaenko Viktor)






I never torture myself with the problem of choice of the patterns whatever the kind of needlework is: I just wait for the moment of "clicking" while looking through them and in this way for my first bracelet I selected this romantic and delicate  Cherry Blossom bracelet . So after buying all the materials and watching a tutorial for making the square stitch, it took me three or four evenings to have my first bracelet ready. 
As for the earrings, the idea came very quickly: firstly, I wanted a set; secondly, I had enough seed beads left, and thirdly, I surely knew the part of what outfit it would be:-) I only renamed the item and called it Apple Blossom after seeing this beautiful picture. I  guess the colours and shapes correspond greatly (click to enlarge the photo).                                                                              



Комплект "Яблуневий цвіт"( практика "Плетіння квадратом")



Розмови про натхнення можуть бути і дуже короткими і дуже довгими. Іноді ідеї з'являються несподівано, а іноді визрівають, як ті яблука, то з одного боку, то з іншого:-) Оскількі я захоплююсь декількома видами рукоділля, то часто різні проекти надихають одне одного - така собі "ланцюгова реакція":-)
Я поринула у нанизування декілька місяців тому, і, як будь-який початківець, маю вивчити різні техніки, щоб працювати з бісером. Тому, щоб опанувати найпопулярніші, чи найпоширеніші з них, я просто вирішила зробити декілька браслетів: так я і вивчу різні види плетіння, розвиватиму свої навички і до того ж матиму шось новеньке в моїй скарбничці з прикрасами - і все це водночас (ну, хто ж встоїть?):-) 


Тортури вибору мені мало відомі, бо яким би видом рукоділля я не займалася, переглядаючи зразки, я просто чекаю моменту "тьохкання серця". Таким чином я і обрала цей романтичний і витончений  Cherry Blossom bracelet . Після підготовки всіх необхідних матеріалів і перегляду майстер-класу із "плетіння квадратом" (переклад буквальний) за три-чотири вечори мій перший браслет був готовий.
Щодо сережок, то ідея не забарилась: по-перше, я хотіла комплект; по-друге, в мене залишилось достатньо бісеру, і по-третє, я вже напевно знала, з чим я ці прикраси носитиму:-) Тільки я обрала для них іншу назву - "Яблуневий цвіт", після того, як побачила це гарне фото. Як на мене, відповідність кольорів і форм незрівнянна (клікніть, щоб збільшити фото).
                                      

The neccessary materials. I used Czech seed beads #10.0 ( the pattern requires 11.0 so I had to omit the part of the pattern to have my bracelet well-fitted for my wrist ). 




Необхідні матеріали. Я використала чеський бісер №10 ( хоча модель вимагає №11.0; тому мені довелося пожертвувати частиною візерунка, щоб браслет не був завеликий); в принципі, у нас іншого майже і немає, бо продавці орієнтуються на тих, хто вишиває бісером, тому цей номер найбільш поширений і з гарною кольоровою гамою.


The next step is making the earrings. My idea was to bead a bead for them. As I once mentioned, I found several techniques how to make it but I used  the one from +BeadAndButtonMag again. Because they also have Blank pattern for beaded beads so anyone can design the bead on own taste.




Наступним кроком було виготовлення сережок. мені дуже хотілося спробувати оплести намистину бісером.  Варіантів,  як це робити, в Інтернеті досить багато, але я знову обрала +BeadAndButtonMag тому що вони до техніки ще мають і схему плетіння без візерунку - Blank pattern for beaded beads. Тобто кожний може бути сам собі дизайнером.



After making two beads I thought I needed some more green colour and decided to make tassels - great fun, by the way:-)
I used this tutorial for making them  How to Make Beaded Tassels.




Після виготовлення намистини, мені вочевидь не вистачало зеленого кольору, то я придумала зробити китиці - до речі, гарна забава:-). Скористалась частиною цього майстер-класу How to Make Beaded Tassels, (він англійською, але все зрозуміло). 





Now I only had to put all the parts in one. The cones together with the tassels seemed to add some oriental charm  to the earrings style:-)
The ready length of the earrings is about 10 cm.





Тепер мала зібрати все до купи. Конуси разом із китицями, здається, додали східну ноту до стилю сережок :-) Довжина сережок в готовому вигляді близько 10 см.



No comments:

Post a Comment