About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

30 August 2016

Curtain Loop Tape Sewing




I do not do only such trifles as sewing clothes. Sometimes I use my skills to make something more useful. For example, to sew a curtain loop tape to a piece of tulle to make a curtain of it:-)


Пришивання тасьми на тюль

Я займаюся не лише такими дурницями як пошиття одягу. Іноді доводиться робити і щось набагато корисніше. Наприклад, пришивати тасьму на тюль, щоб зробити з неї фіранку:-)




The most important, while making that, is not to be in hurry. First of all the right side of the tulle should be defined and also how to place the tape to have the loops on the wrong side of the ready curtain and not vice versa. I know about that so much because I did the latter not only once.
So put the wrong side of the tape to the right side of the fabric.





У цій справі головне - не поспішати, а ще - це визначити, де у нашої тюлі лицева сторона і як прикласти тасьму до неї так, щоб петлі були зі звороту готової фіранки, а не навпаки. Я про це так багато знаю, тому що не раз робила друге. 
Отже, накладаємо зворотню частину тасьми на лицеву сторону тканини.





It is possible to stitch either from the tape or from the curtain side. I prefer the latter when it goes about the tulle because, in my opinion, in this way it is easier to control the process. The tulle doesn't slip, the seam allowance is kept even.



Строчити можна або зі сторони тасьми, або зі сторони тюлі. Я надаю перевагу другому, тому що так, на мою думку, легше контролювати процес. Тканина не ковзає і припуск на шов залишається рівним.



After finishing the first stitching bend the tape on the wrong side, I recommend at least to pin it. Especially if the curtain is long, e.g. 6 m. It helps to avoid twisting and uneven gathering of the tulle while stitching. Then stitch, iron, gather according to the type of your tape and hang.



По закінченні пришивання перегинаємо тасьму на виворітну сторону. Я рекомендую її принаймні пришпилити, особливо якщо фіранка довга, наприклад, 6 м. Це допоможе уникнути перекручування і нерівномірного зізборювання тюлю під час пришивання. Потім настрочуємо, прасуємо, призборюємо відповідно до типу тасьми і вішаємо.

No comments:

Post a Comment