About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

31 August 2016

Beaded Buttons, or Georgina Colour


One of my next sewing projects wants me to learn  a couple of new skills and today I am ready to share the first result, beaded buttons.
The diversity of buttons on sale is limitless so there's no much need to create something on my own. But it is said here "the desire is stronger than necessity" and it means when it goes about favourite doings, follow your passion:-)

Оплетені ґудзики, або Колір жоржини


Один з моїх наступних кравецьких проектів хоче, щоб я засвоїла двійко нових умінь тож сьогодні я вже готова представити перший результат - оплетені ґудзики.
Розмаїття ґудзиків у продажу - безкінечне, тому особливої потреби створювати власні  немає. Але ж відомо, що "охота гірше неволі", а це і означає, що коли йдеться про улюблені заняття, просто слідуй за своєю пристрастю:-)


It is not very hard to bead buttons, besides getting unique items, you can also save a lot if you have suitable materials in your stash. I think it is possible to adjust the pattern to the only number of seed beads but the button will look much better if to use both 11/0 (mine is 10/0) and 15/0 seed beads as the beaders teach.
The initial size of my button is 1.2 cm, after beading it became 1.5 cm. I started my work exactly like in this video from +Potomac Bead Company. But after making this part of beading on the photo I had to change the pattern because for my projects I didn't have special shanks and my plastic buttons have a slight convex.



Оплітати ґудзики неважко. Крім того, що отримуєш унікальну річ, можна ще і зекономити, якщо в запасах є необхідні матеріали. Думаю, можна пристосувати спосіб обплетення під бісер одного розміру, але краще користуватися бісером двох номерів 11/0 ( у мене - 10/0) і 15/0, як і вчать нас майстрині.
Початковий розмір мого ґудзика - 1,2 см, обплетений - 1,5. Спочатку я все робила, як в цьому відео від +Potomac Bead Company . Але після етапу на фото, мені довелося змінити спосіб, тому що  у мене не було спеціальних основ під ґудзики, а мої пластикові мають легку випуклість.



So after the previous row on the above photo, I made a peyote row of 10/0 seed beads and then the row of 15/0 seed beads. Then decreasing row - nine 15/0 decreased to five. And in the last row added only four 10/0 which were pulled together. Then wove the thread ends and cut them.


Тому після останнього ряду на попередньому фото я нанизала пейточний ряд бісером 10/0, наступний ряд - бісером 15.0. У наступному ряду скоротила дев'ять бісерин 15.0 до п'яти. А в останньому ряду додала чотири 10/0, які потім і стягнула.  Потім заправила кінці нитки і обрізала залишки. 




I like what I get and hope my learning the next skill will have good result as well.





Мені подобається, що у мене вийшло, сподіваюсь, що засвоєння наступного вміння так само дасть гарний результат.

No comments:

Post a Comment