About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

12 April 2023

Checked Puff Sleeves Dress

 






At first there appeared Burda #6381 dress pattern in my library. It grabbed my attention with its simple silhouette in a combination with 3/4 puff sleeves. The shoulder seam shifted to the front that makes the decorative buttons along it seeable. 

The fabric was bought to make a checked flared trousers inspired by the thematical article on BurdaStyle Ukraine site. It is suit fabric but as soon as I got it and touched, its dense and soft texture defined the fabric's further fate to become some kind of dress. There was something in atmosphere probably that induced me to use this fabric as before I had already sewed few green items but the outcome is gorgeous indeed and I am really delighted with my choice of this match.



Картата сукня з пишними рукавами 




Спочатку в моїй бібліотеці з'явилася викрійка сукні Burda #6381. Привернула вона мою увагу своїм простим силуетом в комбінації з пишними рукавами 3/4. Плечовий шов пересунутий на перед, що робить видимими декоративні ґудзики нашиті вздовж нього. Тканину було куплено для пошиву картатих штанів кльош, на які мене надихнула тематична стаття на сайті BurdaStyle Ukraine. Це костюмний матеріал, але щойно я його отримала і торкнулася, щільна але м'яка текстура тканини визначила її подальшу долю стати якоюсь сукнею. Щось таке, мабуть, було в атмосфері, що спонукало мені використати саме цю тканину, адже до того я пошила пару зелених речей, але результат прекрасний і я справді задоволена вибором цієї пари.




It is very good that I've read the instruction before starting the sewing because I was sure that the dress has a real fastening on the shoulder and I cut the shoulder plackets and only thought about how thick would be those layers so I should do something to make them thinner. It turned out the collar is made up of two parts and that's all. The buttons just sewed on along the shoulder seam. So extra fabric was cut to the seam allowance width.




Дуже добре, що я прочитала інструкцію перед початком роботи, тому що була впевнена, що сукня застібається на плечі і покроїла планки для такої застібки. І єдине про що я думала, наскільки всі ті шари тканини будуть товсті і що мені треба зробити для їхнього потоншення. З'ясувалося, що лише комір складається з двох частин і це все. Ґудзики лише нашиваються вздовж плечового шва. Тож зайву тканину я зрізала до ширини припусків на шви.



I used a short zipper as didn't want to get stuck into matching the checks without much sense in doing that because the dress has loose straight silhouette. 




Блискавку я використала коротку, оскільки не хотіла ув'язнути у підбиранні клітинок без особливої потреби, адже сукня має прямий силует.




The processing of the cuffs made me happy. I used this technology a lot when being young and then forgot about here. For my dense fabric it was ideal idea.




Обробка манжетів порадувала. Таку технологію я багато використовувала змолоду, але потім забула про неї. Для моєї щільної тканини це було ідеально.





Essential detail - pleated shoulder pads to keep the shape of gathered sleeve caps. I made them of stiff shirt collar interfacing leftovers. 

The hem and slit are processed with invisible stitch. 

I also added a belt of 3.5 cm width.









Суттєва деталь - плечові накладки в складку, щоб трималися зібрані окати рукавів. Я їх зробила з залишків жорсткої прокладки для сорочкових комірців. 

Низ і край розрізу підшити вручну потайним стібком. 

Також додала пасок завширшки 3,5 см.









Fur Tree and Carpathian Path necklaces  make this outfit brighter.



Намиста "Ялинка" та "Карпатським шляхом" роблять це вбрання яскравішим.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress! Lovely fabric... I had never heard about this kind of shoulder pads! I certainly will try them. Thanks for the tip! Keep save my friend, Julie

    ReplyDelete