About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

14 May 2023

Pink Cascade Front Dress

 

Rarely but it happens when I make things not only inspired by some event or occasion but right by that very occasion to wear the outfit to enjoy the moment in full :-) For instance, this dress was made to visit this year tulips blossoming in Kropyvnytskyi Arboretum. It was my and my friend's third visit to the park, so I guess it already could be called a kind of our spring tradition. Every time not only the tulip park is a central interest of the trip but some new landmark on the way to the destination. This year it was Khutir Nadia, a house museum of one of Ukrainian theatre coryphaeus Tobilevych. Very cozy and calm place with few old buildings in a big old oak park. A gorgeous scenery to have a dreamy rest in peace where the only sound to hear is frogs' сroaking.

After all, for my trip clothes I made a choice in favour of comfort and put on trousers, a top and a coat but nevertheless I am delighted a lot with the new garment and the feeling when wearing it, and I have enough impressions and photos from my journey to be inspired for making new projects. 


My Tulip Hunting Jacket pairs well with the dress and, as accessories, I chose light blue, and white earrings as a contrast to the vibrant colour style of the fabric.



Рожева сукня з каскадним ліфом


Випадок рідкісний, але таке трапляється, що я шию речі не лише завдяки натхненню від певної події чи випадку, але саме до цієї події, щоб одягнути нове вбрання і насолодитися моментом сповна :-) Наприклад, цю сукню було пошито до відвідування цьогорічного цвітіння тюльпанів в Кропивницькому дендропарку. Це були вже треті відвідини місця, тож думаю, ми з подругою можемо вважати це нашою весняною традицією. Кожного разу крім тюльпанів в центрі уваги опиняється ще якесь цікаве місце на шляху до кінцевої мети. Цього року це був Хутір "Надія", дом-музей одного з корифеїв українського театру І. Тобілевича. Дуже спокійне і затишне місце з декількома старовинними будівлями у великому старому дубовому гаю. Чудова атмосфера спокою для занурення у мрії, коли єдиним звуком, що тебе супроводжує є квакання жаб. 

Зрештою, вибір одягу для поїздки я зробила на користь зручності та одягнула топ, штани та легке пальто, але, незважаючі на це, я дуже задоволена своїм новим вбранням та відчуттям, коли воно на мені, і у мене достатньо вражень і фотографій з подорожі для натхнення на нові проекти. 


Сукня добре комбінується з моїм жакетом "Полювання на тюльпани" та світлими блакитними та білими сережками на противагу жвавому яскравому візерунку тканини.


The dress #102 from Burda 11/2022 caught my eye at once and the fabric, despite my enormous stash, was bought  specially to sew it.  All  2.5 m length of this beautiful viscose twill was used.  Blouse #103 is a different variant of the pattern which details would be great for the dress, too. While cutting tried not to let the fabric move so missed the right arrangement of the asymmetric front detail. As the both shoulders have draping, honestly, I see no difference which of them meant to have three or two pleats. Do you?



Сукня 102 з Burda 11/2022 одразу привернула мою увагу і тканину, незважаючи на мій аномальний запас, було куплено спеціально для її пошиття. На сукню пішли всі 2,5 м довжини цього гарного віскозного твілу. Блузка 103 - інший варіант моделі, чиї деталі були б теж чудові для сукні. Поки кроїла, головною турботою було, щоб тканина не зсувалася, тож пропустила момент контролю правильного розташування на тканині асиметричної деталі пілочки. Чесно кажу, що, оскільки обидві сторони мають драпірування, на якому з них мало б бути дві складки, а на якому три  мені абсолютно байдуже. А вам?



Sewing is quick and simple. This time I refused from top stitching the neck hole on the front and preferred making it on the facing again. 




Пошиття швидке і просте. Цього разу я знову замість лицевої сторони відстрочила обшивку.





It's the time to enjoy the outfit and memories :-)


 Саме час насолоджуватися вбранням і спогадами :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment