About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

6 August 2026

Simple Jersey Dress




It is a very simple and quick project born from the question, "What am I going to wear in a hotel between breakfasts,  visiting a swimming pool, excursions, shopping and eating out?" The answer was as simple as the design of this dress. An ideal last-minute-make garment sewn of dense jersey of good quality. My this year vacation experience also proved it is a real must-have for this kind of rest.




Проста трикотажна сукня 


Це дуже простий і швидкий проєкт, народжений з питання "Що я носитиму в готелі між сніданками, відвідуванням басейну, екскурсіями, шопінгом та обідами в місцевих ресторанах?" Відповідь виявилася такою ж простою, як і крій цієї сукні: пошите в останню хвилину вбрання зі щільного трикотажу гарної якості. А досвід моєї цьогорічної відпустки ще і довів його справжню необхідність для відпочинку такого роду.




I don't remember if I had any definite sewing ideas on my mind when purchasing this knit fabric but I surely couldn't pass by its print and colour style :-) I had a piece 1.50-1.70 m x  180 cm, so it was enough to cut dress #117 from Burda 5/2023. 

As always when working with jersey, I reinforced the shoulder seams with interfacing. I also reinforced the allowance to process the side slits but then refused from making them at all.




Не пам'ятаю, чи були у мене якісь ідеї щодо пошиття, коли купувала цей трикотаж, але цілком певна, що не могла пройти повз його візерунок та кольорову гаму :-) Мала відріз 1,50-1,70 х 180 см, і цього виявилося достатньо, щоб покроїти сукню 117 з Burda 5/2023. 

Як завжди, коли працюю з такими тканинами, зміцнила прокладкою припуски плечових швів, так само зміцнила і припуски на бічні розрізи, але потім вирішила їх взагалі не робити. 





I didn't trace the pattern on paper; I put the pattern sheet right on the fabric and traced the details on the material at once. But now I think it would be worth having the paper pattern as it could be used again for sewing either one more dress or a top. 




Я не переносила викрійку на папір, приклала аркуш викрійок одразу на тканину і так на неї і переводила. Але зараз думаю, шо варто було б мати таку викрійку, бо вона може згодитися для пошиття або ще однієї сукні або топу.




No comments:

Post a Comment