About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

16 August 2026

Floral Godet Skirt


The other day I made a new summer skirt and I am in hurry to share the outcome at once, as next week I come back to work and who knows what challenges are awaiting for me there, and how much free time I'll have, and if have any in general so don't want to postpone this post. 

Links to:

1. A white blouse.

2. Twin spiral rope and earrings.

3. A belt from a striped dress.




Квітчаста спідниця-годе


Днями я пошила нову літню спідницю і одразу поспішаю поділитися тим, що у мене вийшло, оскільки наступного тижня повертаюся до роботи і хто знає, що там на мене чекає і скільки вільного часу у мене буде і чи буде такий взагалі, тож не хочу відкладати цей допис. 

Покликання: 

1. Біла блузка.

2. Джгут та сережки з твінів.

3. Пасок від смугастої сукні.



The fabric was bought more than a few years ago and I saw it only in a skirt from the very beginning. As it is ready, probably its time came at last :-) The fabric reminds me shirt fabric by texture but  very thin, and light, silky by touch. To make the skirt I chose pattern #6903 Burda. It is a kind of godet skirt which I made wider along the bottom by 5 cm on every side.





Тканину купила більше ніж декілька років тому і одразу бачила її лише в спідниці. Оскільки вона готова, то, вірогідно, її час нарешті настав :-) Матеріал за текстурою нагадує мені сорочковий, але дуже тоненький, легкий, шовковистий на  дотик. для пошиття спідниці обрала модель Burda PDF 6903. Це така собі спідниця-годе, яку я зробила ще ширшою на 5 см по низу з кожного боку.



As always in thin skirts or trousers I reinforced edges on both sides by 18-20 cm (white interfacing), and the waist edge by 2-3 cm (black interfacing). 

Before  hemming, the botom edge was evened from the floor like in this dress because, as you see in the photos, it was absolutely necessary. 




Як завжди в тонких спідницях чи штанях, я зміцнила обидва бокові краї на 18-20 см (біла прокладка), і вздовж талії на 2-3 см (чорна прокладка). 

Перед підшиванням, низ вирівняла від підлоги, як у цій сукні тому що, як видно за фото, він цього спарвді потребував.

No comments:

Post a Comment